Aluminium Lighting Column
Need a Price?
Talk to us for more information or to arrange a demonstration contact your nearest site
England & Wales
Phone: +44 (0)1246 593 280
Scotland & Ireland
Phone +44 (0)141 812 5121
We offer a full range of Aluminium lighting columns all uniquely extruded and conical in shape, available in a selection of size options from 2m – 15m. The range is available as passively safe or hinged columns and with flange plate or cranked root base to suit bespoke requirements.
Furthermore, Mallatite can offer a comprehensive range of Aluminium columns which are fully compliant with BSEN40:2002 and with the passively safe testing regulations as outlined in BS EN12767 (HE, NE & LE).
Aluminium conical columns
Aluminium opens up the possibilities for architects with its sleek lines and corrosion resistant finish. And last but not least, this environmentally friendly material can be 100% recycled at the end of its service life. We also offer a full design service where we can design and supply specially customised or decorative columns based on individual requirements.
Features of the range:
- Manufactured from 6000 series aluminium alloy.
- Integral bracket or post top applications - For post top applications, a spigot or tapered finish of 76mm or 120mm is provided
- Thermoplastic anti-corrosion root treatment applied internally and externally.
- Fitted with expanded inner tube (Type 5) door reinforcement
- Flush fitted, interchangeable door with twin lock to ensure maximum protection.
- Columns supplied in a brushed finish.
- Mitred anti-rotation spigot as standard.
- Industry leading laser profile interchangeable doors.
BS EN12767 specifies the performance requirements for passively safe support structures for permanent road equipment.
There are three categories of passively safe lighting column structures:
High Energy (HE)
The vehicle is significantly arrested or slowed on impact.
Low Energy (LE)
The vehicle loses considerable speed on impact.
No Energy (NE)
The vehicle loses minimal speed on impact.
Steel and aluminium, standard and decorative lighting columns with nationwide delivery
All columns are designed and manufactured in strict accordance with EN 40 and, where specified, to appropriate BD and Highways Agency specifications. We are sustaining member of the LCTF and also fully registered to National Highway Sector Scheme 6. Our standard columns range from 3m to 15m nominal height. Higher and non-standard columns can be designed and manufactured to special order. All our columns can be used for post top or bracket arm applications, plus we also supply a range of integral bracket arm arrangements
- Steel Conical, Octagonal and Tubular Columns
- Aluminium Conical and Octagonal Columns
- Passively Safe Columns
- Hockey Style Steel Columns
- Root Mounted Columns
- Flange Plated Columns
- Hinged Columns
- Pedestrian Crossing Posts
- Full Design Service
- Brackets and Adaptors
- Doors and Locks
- Foundation Cradles and cranked roots
Tubular steel column lighting
Our steel lighting columns are available is a variety of sizes from 5 to 15 metres, with a range of diameters and thicknesses, depending on your design criteria. We also offer a bespoke design service to tailor lighting columns to your specific project and complete design check certification is available for all our products.Our commitment is to you our customer, and by meeting your needs we are confident that together we can give the public a safe, technically advanced and superior product.
Accessible hinged raise and lower columns
The need for raising and lowering columns is increasing due to worsening traffic congestion and limited access to installations both of which makes the use of 'cherry pickers' either impractical or impossible.
We manufacture a Mid Hinge or a Baseflex column, which is currently offered from 4m to 8m is unique in style, and is very flexible in operation and transportation when the integral trolley wheel is deployed. Operation is safe and simple with the use of the mobile and portable foot pedal tool which can also be utilised as a tool trolley.
Fusion bonded thermo plastic coating
Our industry leading thermoplastic (PPA) anti corrosion coating line at our Chesterfield production facility enables us to efficiently protect and finish our post sea columns in a variety of standard and bespoke colours. This unique fusion-bonded coating line provides customers with a factory applied long term corrosion protection that has been adopted by several PFI contracts currently being installed in the UK.
Aluminium Lighting Columns conforming to; 100-HE | 100LE2 | 100NE2
Dependant on the site and customer requirement, we offer a complete range of passively safe aluminium lighting columns
100km/ph test on an Aluminium Lighting Column (Type 1) according to BS EN12767:2007 100-HE
- Lighting column was 12.0m above ground level
- Vehicle used was Suzuki Swift with a hybrid III 50 percentile driver test dummy
- Frontal impact with impact angle of 20°
- Independently tested at TASS International in Helmond in May 2018.
(Lab test No F18160703).
- The Lighting column deformed at impact point with the luminaire becoming partly detached from the column.
- The vehicle together with the column continued to move forward while the under part of the part of the lighting column bended over the vehicle.
- The distance from impact point to the vehicle end position after the test was approximately 21.7m