We are a national organisation with three sites located in the United Kingdom.
Mallatite manufacture and distribute nationwide an extensive range of lighting columns, signposts, street lighting and accessories.
Tipton, West Midlands
Mallatite West Midlands is our sales and production facility for traffic signs, bollard and highway electrical equipment.
Servicing the whole of Scotland, Mallatite Dee-Organ is home to our modern traffic sign production facility and a contracting and installation department.
Job Description: LGV Driver Class 2, Multi-Drop and Hiab, Current CPC, Digital Tachograph
Location: Tipton, DY4 (UK Wide)
Reports To: General Manager
Typical Hours: Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday to 4.30pm
Drivers within the Mallatite/Hill & Smith Group do more than a “driving job”. It is a customer facing role and it is essential our customers get great service and a great impression of the drivers and of course the business.
You will be presentable, helpful, and well mannered, have a clean vehicle and ensure all paperwork is correct and have a positive mind-set.
Training can be provided to achieve Hiab licence, subject to Company terms and conditions.
High Levels of Health, Safety & Welfare standards.
Numerate & Literate.
Excellent attitude, aptitude and communication skills.
At least 2 years class 2 and Hiab experience.
Ability to work to schedules.
Manual handling skills.
Preferred counter balance licence.
Overnight trips as required
Typical Duties: (Framework & Subject to Change & Development)
Supervise the loading to match customer delivery note and to ensure no shortages or damages.
Ensure the loads are safely packed and strapped.
Check with customer the delivery and complete delivery paperwork.
Provide excellent customer service.
Maintain a clean cab and vehicle.
Ensure all daily checks are completed & service schedules adhered to
Report any damage or accident immediately.
Attend training courses as required.
Adhere to all company policies and legal requirements.
Provide stores/yard assistance as required.
Please send CV, CPC & Digi Card along with written application to HR@mallatite.co.uk no later than Friday 5th June 2020.
Logistics & Customer Services Manager – Chesterfield.
Mallatite is a significant UK manufacturer of roads and sign lighting structures and traffic support systems supplying the strategic road, rail and transport & infrastructure networks. We are looking for a measured experienced & professional Logistics & Customer Services Manager to be responsible for daily management and delivery of customer orders, customer contact & liaison and associated administration including dispatch programming.
· Strategically plan and manage logistics, dispatch, transportation and customer services
· Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle including cost controls
· Liaise with customers and as required external hauliers
· Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
· Ensure dispatch, route planning and best practice
· Resolve any arising problems or complaints within the IMS procedures
· Effectively manage the department and staff
· Facilitate robust KPI data
· Proven working experience as a Logistics & Customer Services Manager
· Record of successful distribution and logistics management within a manufacturing sector.
· Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
· Proficient in standard logistics software and road haulage requirements
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
· Qualified in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain with strong communication skills and a mind-set of execution.
Applications in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 8th June 2020. Candidates selected for interview* will be required to provide a word or PowerPoint presentation to demonstrate their capability of the role.
*Initial interview may take place on line subject to Covid-19 restrictions.