We are a national organisation with three sites located in the United Kingdom.
Mallatite manufacture and distribute nationwide an extensive range of lighting columns, signposts, street lighting and accessories.
Oldbury, West Midlands
Mallatite Oldbury is our sales and production facility for traffic signs, bollard and highway electrical equipment.
Servicing the whole of Scotland, Mallatite Dee-Organ is home to our modern traffic sign production facility and a contracting and installation department.
Assistant to General Manager
(Production Operations) Chesterfield
Following the establishment of a revised business unit structure to include the post of General Manager a vacancy has arisen for the above position.
Supporting the General Manager, Planning, Procurement, Technical & Commercial teams the role is contiguous to all elements of the production, finishing and logistics functions of the business, therefore a firm understanding of all aspects, including IMS, Standards, Technical and Housekeeping is paramount.
Applicants must possess sound experience, supported with a strong mind-set of execution and demonstrate the drive and ability to deliver change within a progressive company and workplace.
Applications by electronic mail are invited from internal candidates together with a brief descriptive map of key objectives for change and benefits they can offer, summarised in 5 key areas, on or before Friday 23rd August 2019 to;
Asset Management, Civils, Planned & Reactive Maintenance
West Midlands Area
Mallatite Limited (part of the Roads & Security Division of Hill & Smith Holdings PLC) currently provides the above management and maintenance services to West Midlands Combined Authority for some 7,000 bus stops and shelters across the West Midlands.
Applicants must hold NRSWA and CSCS current accreditations and have extensive experience in asset management and maintenance and street works in live and often restricted areas.
- Programme planning projects to ensure they are programmed to the level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays.
- Ensuring procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays.
- Ensure site team compliance with Company commercial policies and procedures.
- Attending tender handover meetings and delivering pre-start meetings to the site team.
- Ensuring commercial plan and end of life forecast is are in place and monitored monthly for the successful commercial delivery of the project.
- Producing and analysing progress reports, updated costs and forecasts.
- Ensuring correct commercial engagement of subcontractors.
- Implementing the risk management process, reviewing the risk register and checking risk controls.
- Reviewing the CVRs monthly with the project teams.
- Implementing necessary actions to complete and distribute the Contract Initiation/Completion Form for each project.
- Ensuring weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out and that look ahead programmes are in place.
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions.
- Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design to meet the requirements of each project.
- Setting the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and best practices, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
- Allocating HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, ensuring understanding and providing training as necessary.
- Maintaining and managing construction sites and subcontractors, ensuring all sub-contractors follow the client’s procedures and processes.
- Overseeing and ensuring that HSE-related documents are kept up to date and undertaking Senior Manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced.
- Liaising with the necessary third parties to ensure compliance with HAUC, NRSWA, Chapter 8 and other required regulatory standards.
- Quality - Ensuring that ITPs are produced.
- Ensuring that the QA File is produced and maintained
- Establishing and promoting best practice at all times.
Customer relations & key relationships:
Building and maintaining relationships with both the client and external customers, site teams, sub-contractors and suppliers. Chairing and leading meetings with the customer and reporting on progress to date. Ensuring that works are carried out in a manner which minimises community impact.
Person Specification: The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Extensive experience of managing projects within a civils/street maintenance environment.
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting.
- Experience of MS project Knowledge of the civils contracts including the Early Warning and Compensation Event mechanisms.
- Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent).
- NRSWA CSCS accreditation.
- Experience of Pre-Qualification and Tendering process for a number of multi-discipline projects.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff.
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Clean & current driving licence.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Extensive experience of asset management and maintenance and street works in live and often restricted areas.
- NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Street Furniture Maintenance experience.
- HERS accreditation
A generous package including pension & healthcare, life cover, company car & share save scheme is offered to the successful candidate.
Applications in confidence by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th August 2019
External Sales Representative (Inchinnan)
We are looking for a field sales representative with extensive knowledge of road maintenance materials including temporary and permanent road signage. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop existing accounts as well as attracting new clients. We require someone with a proven track record in an external sales role as they will be responsible for generating sales leads and ultimately converting these into orders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
· Analyse all customer information and sales reports in order to enable planned and structured visits.
· Target existing and new clients in order to increase sales and profit margins.
· Sell products across the different groups making sure we bridge any gaps in opportunity.
· Use proven sales techniques to assess and evaluate customer needs in order to capitalise on every opportunity.
· Complete weekly call sheets with detailed information about each customer visit.
· Feed information back to the sales office on an ongoing basis.
· Follow through on all agreed tasks from customer visits.
· Extensive external sales experience within the road Maintenance, PPE and signage sectors.
· Demonstratable track record of increasing sales and succeeding in competitive market place.
· Self-starter who has the ability to work under their own initiative.
· Must have a can-do attitude but be commercially and operationally aware enough to not over promise and under deliver.
· Must always think in terms of achievements over tasks completed.
· Must have excellent customer service skills.
External Sales Representative (Traffic & Technology Products)
We are looking for a field sales representative with extensive knowledge of traffic safety & technology products including temporary and permanent road signage and passive safety structures. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop existing accounts as well as attracting new clients. We require someone with a proven track record in an external sales role as they will be responsible for generating sales leads and ultimately converting these into orders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Analyse all customer information and sales reports in order to enable planned and structured visits.
- Target existing and new clients in order to increase sales and profit margins.
- Sell products across the different groups making sure we bridge any gaps in opportunity.
- Use proven sales techniques to assess and evaluate customer needs in order to capitalise on every opportunity.
- Complete weekly journey plans with detailed information about each customer visit.
- Feed information back to the sales office on an ongoing basis.
- Follow through on all agreed tasks from customer visits.
- Extensive external sales experience, self motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstratable track record of increasing sales and succeeding in competitive market place.
- Planning & execution as a key mind-set.
- Must have a can-do attitude but be commercially and operationally aware enough to not over promise and under deliver.
- Must always think in terms of achievements over tasks completed.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player with leadership ability and robust decision making skill.
- Ideally domicile in the South East Corridor, supported by West Midlands sales & technical support team.
Mallatite Limited is an equal opportunities employer within the Roads & Technology divisions of Hill & Smith (Holdings) PLC and offers a comprehensive package as part of a FTSE 250 group.
Candidates with demonstrable technical and commercial experience should submit in writing their application to Jennifer.email@example.com on or before Friday 30th August 2019
Job Description: LGV Driver Class 2, Multi-Drop Current CPC
Location: Based @ Inchinnan-Paisley PA4 9RR
Reports To:Stores Manager
Typical Hours: Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday to 4.30pm
Drivers within the Mallatite/Hill & Smith Group do more than a “driving job”. It is a customer facing role and it is essential our customers get great service and a great impression of the drivers and of course the business. You will be presentable, helpful, and well mannered, have a clean vehicle and ensure all paperwork is correct and have a positive mind-set.
Training will be provided to achieve Hiab licence, subject to Company terms and conditions.
High Levels of Health, Safety & Welfare standards.
Numerate & Literate.
Excellent attitude, aptitude and communication skills.
At least 2 years class 2 experience.
Ability to work to schedules.
Manual handling skills.
Preferred counter balance licence .
Typical Duties: (Framework & Subject to Change & Development)
Supervise the loading to match customer delivery note and to ensure no shortages or damages.
Ensure the loads are safely packed and strapped.
Check with customer the delivery and complete delivery paperwork.
Provide excellent customer service.
Maintain a clean cab and vehicle.
Ensure all daily checks are completed.
Reports any damage or accident immediately .
Attend training courses as required.
Adhere to all company policies and legal requirements.
Provide stores/yard assistance as required.