Speed Indicator Devices - PLUS
Innovative speed displays for effective road safety
viasis (stands for: via “speed information system“) refers to an innovative and radar-based information system for road traffic and road users. It identifies a speed display equipped with modern radar technology that increases road safety. The main elements of the product comprise of a powerful LED, a flexible mounting and a data capture system for storing and transmitting traffic data. The viasis speed display shows emoticons (with smiling or sad faces), speed limit symbols and LED digits that serve to provide drivers with feedback in real time about the speed at which they are driving.
“Children need special protection – this is also important in road traffic. Special precautions are especially important near primary and nursery schools. (...) Until they reach the end of primary school, children are unable to properly judge general dangers in road traffic and in particular the speed of approaching traffic.”
Create your own LED text and graphics. Thanks to the provided LED editor, you can change the message or icon on site. For example:
- up to 25km/h „THANKS“
- 25 - 30km/h „WATCH FOR CHILDREN“
- 30 - 40km/h „SLOW DOWN“
- above 40km/h „TOO FAST“ (flashing display)
Including data collection, variable LED colors, speed limit and Smile function.
Children are easily overlooked in urban traffic. Excessive speed, especially at pedestrian crossings and near children’s daycare centres and schools, is one of the most frequent causes of accidents. A speed display is an effective alternative on roads where traffic-calming measures like road narrowing, planters or green lanes are not feasible. Erecting mobile or stationary speed displays is a preventive measure that is the first step on the way to increasing road safety.
- Accurate LED display of driving speed
- Outstanding visibility even at great distance
- Friendly method of warning thanks to emoticon function
- Low power consumption
- Simple mounting
- Robust aluminium housing
- Withstands extreme weather conditions
- Precise data capture system
- Certified radar technology
- Data Logging
- RS232, Bluetooth and GPRS connectivity available
Flexible solutions for traffic risks on company premises
Road users on company premises include employees, visitors, customers and delivery personnel. These groups of people often fail to see a company’s premises as a normal traffic area and cause a common problem of speeding.
For this reason, it is important to install signs that measure and monitor speed direct at the entrance to the company’s premises. LED speed displays make a major contribution to calming traffic at the gate, at danger spots on the premises (zebra crossings around the canteen) and in loading areas.
For this purpose, it is also possible to use a full-matrix viasign display to give drivers feedback in the form of text and an image indicating the speed at which they are driving in addition to deploying viasis speed displays.
Speed limit function if speed limit is exceeded - Shows the speed limit sign - Alternating between driven speed and speed limit sign
• Smile function
• Adjustable parameters for min. and max. displayed speed, LED color change, blinking display, speed limit and smile function
• Different parameter settings depending on time and day (5 parameter sets)
• LED color change if speed limit is exceeded
• Timer and automatic daylight saving time
• Data storage in a ring buffer (exact to the second)
• Bidirectional measurement adjustable
• Battery level indicator
• Bluetooth communication with viagraph 5 (PC) or App (Android)
• Lightweight and compact aluminum casing
• 3-digit high performance LED display with automatic adaption of brightness (digit height 32,5 cm / 12,8")
• Specially designed protection mask for excellent visibility even under strong sunlight
• Extended speed range 1 - 199 kmh / mph and decimal point 1,0 - 19,9 kmh / mph
• USB interface for data download, changing parameters or firmware update by USB flash drive (optionally)
• Manual parameter setting by rotary switch (optionally)
• Data transfer by modem + GPS location (optionally